It is sometimes too much for the addict himself or herself. He or she may want to stop, but can’t. It looks like the addiction has found its place and only death may break this relationship. If you can’t stop going back for more, family and friends seems to be giving up and your situation seems to worsen every day, then you have to give in to inpatient drug rehab.
WHAT IMPATIENT DRUG REHAB REALLY MEANS
Simple as the name, it means getting therapy and physician services received while staying in hospital. It comes after the initial treatment on drugs and aims to maintain and improve your isolation from drug abuse. It may last for few weeks or even months depending on your situation and is always concluded by outpatient rehabilitation where you will learn to appreciate what you are capable of.
WHY INPATIENT DRUG REHAB?
1. DOCTORS ARE ALWAYS THERE WITH YOU – While in rehab, doctors will always keep close watch and study of your behaviors. They will monitor your progress and be in a position to make a better conclusion to your medication requirement compared to outpatient. This is the fastest way to address the route course of your behavior and be able to provide the right treatment.
2. YOU ARE NOT IN A POSITION TO ACCESS DRUGS – A fact remains that drug addicts will always go back for more when they have the chance. Being an impatient, this behavior is completely eliminated and the patient is forced to adapt to no drug zone, hence learn to survive without it.
3. YOU ARE PROTECTED FROM CRITIQUES AND GOSSIPS – While undergoing treatment some people may see it as a weakness or failure. Most patients might not like this especially those that had high profile in the past. They would like to keep it private and avoid all sorts of criticism, gossips or abuse that might discourage them.
BENEFITS OF INPATIENT DRUG REHAB
i) Physical benefits – Problems occur when drug addicts are sometimes forced to stop or withdraw from using the drug. This might be unpleasant and dangerous in most cases and might even result into fights since drug addicts are proven to be emotionally unstable. Being an inpatient withdrawal process is taken into a consideration and addressed properly by use of detox facility.
ii) Psychological development – This will help the patient be able to deal with his current situation of transitioning into abstinence and fully address the chances of his or her success in future.
iii) Dealing with emotional problems – Withdrawal from drug is a task both for the doctors and the patient. In rehabs this is achieved by helping patients find peace while struggling to live without the drug.
iii) Individualized treatment – People are never the same when it comes to reasoning, likes and hobbies. What addicts needs most is people who understand them and address what they really need. Inpatient treatment provides individualized treatment programs required for success.
iv) Comfort during treatments – Drug addicts are delicate and unstable. You can’t convince them that they are responsible for their health until you make them comfortable and show them that you really care. Most inpatient doctors are trained in this area and therefore make this process a success.
WHAT TO CONSIDER WHILE CHOOSING INPATIENT DRUG REHAB AS THE BEST OPTION
COST – You will find it expensive, since the patient must stay in the hospital. He or she will eat, sleep and get attention when he or she needs from doctors who will always keep an eye on her. Insurance, might be helpful in such cases to reduce the expenses.
FAMILY – Being an inpatient means, you are not able to go home till you are cured. This might take week or even months. It will affect the family, especially children and therefore organized visits must be put in consideration.
EMPLOYMENT – If the patient was employed, it might not be good for long term relationship with the employer. This is because addiction might not be the best explanation to absence from work since it might be considered a misconduct.
FACTS ABOUT DRUG ABUSE AND WHY INPATIENT DRUG REHAB MIGHT BE THE BEST OPTION
* Health – When you start using drugs, it is probable that you will get addicted. You won’t be able to survive without the drug and might sometimes lose appetite. This is unhealthy.
* Crime – Use of illegal drugs is a crime. Chances that drug addicts get involved in crime are high and evident all over the world. A drug addict will do anything to access the drug. They will lie, steal or even kill.
* Social life – Drug addicts look disorganized. No girl or boy, husband or wife would accept a someone in that situation as a friend or a mate.
* Trust – Illegal drugs are always linked to criminals. No one trusts criminals.
* Relationships – Once a drug addict, you won’t be able to provide for your family. Your wife, children and your family members will look at you as a failure.
Most of us give up on ourselves or our friends. It is not because being suicidal or hate, but sometimes we run out of options. When it comes to addiction we should always remember that we need each other. We fail to do this, but it is always good to try. Inpatient drug rehab program takes patients as family. This is what patients require.