Anxiety is a part of life and people from all walks of life are affected by it. You might have a little bit of anxiety while giving an interview or writing an exam or before speaking in front of a huge audience. It is considered quite normal to go through anxiety during such times, but it starts to become a disorder when it affects your functioning in day to day life. There are various medicines available in the market for anxiety, but they all have their share of side effects.
Some might get addictive while some might need larger doses to take effect after prolonged use. So if you are looking for remedies that are safe as well as effective then Homeopathy is for you. After recent studies, it was found that homeopathic medicines were just as effective as your over the counter medications such as benzodiazepines. People with anxiety disorders should certainly check out homeopathic remedies and look forward to happy and worry-free lives.
The remedies listed below will be very effective in treating anxiety but people with chronic anxiety disorders should certainly get an appointment with a well-qualified homeopath to get a better diagnosis of their anxiety and receive treatment tailored to their needs.
1) Aconite Napellus: This remedy is very effective against sudden panic attacks that cause you to experience intense feelings of dread and fear. You chest starts to tighten. you feel restless and agitated. You heart starts pounding so fast that you think that you are going to have a heart attack.
2) Argentum Nitricum: This remedy is very effective against exam anxiety. There are times when you feel restless and extremely nervous before an interview or before speaking to a big crowd. Such kind of people make their anxieties worse by craving for sweets. This remedy will have a calming effect on the mind allowing it to focus on the task at hand rather than worrying about outcomes. People with strange what if thoughts can also take help of this remedy.
3) Gelsemium Sempervirens: People who need this remedy are the ones who experience anxiety during exertion. The hands and legs start to tremble and shiver and they feel that they are unable to move. People who have the fear of venturing into open places can also take the help of this remedy.
4) Kali Arsenicosum: People who under the impression that their health is deteriorating without any reason may want to check this remedy out. People with this type of anxiety feel that they might have a heart attack at any moment which makes them not go to sleep and develop panic attacks. The slightest amount of discomfort might make the person believe that he has some serious health issues which in majority of the cases is not true.
5) Phosphorous: People who need this remedy are afraid of being alone, afraid of the dark or even afraid of ghosts. They like company but once they are alone they start to develop weird fantasies and fear starts to creep in due to their own fantasies. People requiring this remedy are very sensitive to sound and odors.
6) Lycopodium Clavatum: People who need this remedy are afraid of performing any task in public. They are able to do fine once they are in the moment but suffer from anxiety while preparing for it. They also feel nervous and restless in new surroundings. They also develop a craving for sugar and salt. The special cravings related to anxiety always increase the intensity of the anxiety and must be avoided.
7) Calcarea Carbonica: People in need of this remedy has the fear of going insane. Though they are in perfect mental health, they live in constant fear that something just doesn’t feel right. They always stick to a routine and avoid doing things differently fearing change. They are afraid of insects, birds, and animals. They are very sensitive and dislike listening to bad news and sad stories.
8) Arsenicum Album: People who require this remedy are always worried about the future. They are worried about natural disasters, robbers robbing their house and also about sudden death due to heart attacks. This constant worry keeps them leading normal lives and worrying becomes a part of their lives. They fall prey to the perfectionism and procrastination loop and are never able to complete tasks without overemphasizing on it. They like company but are always suspicious of others and might have controlling behavior.
It is very important that you consult a well qualified homeopath for proper dosage of the above mentioned remedies.